Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Hour before the Gods Awake






Slowly the sun set and the shadows of the night grew darker, and with the night, the restoring sleep to put a parenthesis to my doubts.  At least,  that was what I expected.
The night before, I had seen Sri Aurobindo and he did show to me a great vision, and the most rational part of my mind was corroded by the doubt it had only been a powerful hallucination. 

As soon as the body fell  asleep I  found myself in the subtle body experiencing as  fast moving, as moving through space at incredible speed.
The travel ended up in India, I immediately recognized the light of  the indian noons, I was  physically in India several times before and nothing could have me wrong on that point.
 Moreover, I knew with certainty I was in Auroville, though  nothing could avail such foreknowledge. 

My subtle body had just appeared in a room at the back of a man sitting at a table by the window. 
 I was at a time uncomfortable to violate his privacy while quickly thinking why I was there at all.  The next moment, Sri Aurobindo appeared at my side.

I was extremely delighted and surprised to see the beloved Master so soon again, and opened my mouth to welcome him  but he put one finger on his lips  while silently signaling the man.

Feeling authorized to investigate I moved at a side and over the shoulder of the man.  Must have been south-European. He was reading.
In approaching him I immediately perceived an unpleasant psychological atmosphere surrounding the man, a suffocating aura that made me almost sick in spite of being in my subtle body. I immediately realized how harmful could be for the defenseless mind of a child being in touch with that invisible, though poisonous aura. 
I telepathically learnt he was analyzing an article on Sri Aurobindo, and somehow his aura appeared overcharged with a great self-esteem, he made ostentation of a high mental appreciation of the Master -and- of himself as unerring interpreter of the Master's  thoughts. 
He actually had a quite inquisitive reading of the article, searching for incriminating sentences to condemn.  He was visibly not interested at all in the ideas there presented but only interested in what could be wrong and heretic in his opinion. 
It clearly appeared a more than erroneous approach because  it spread all around him that insufferable mental atmosphere.

Ironically, even if he appeared quite bent to intellectually recognize a high value to the teaching of the Master, he had no perception at all of the presence of the Master at his back, and in no moment did he show any degree of awareness of our presence, he continued instead undisturbed in his activity.

I turned my eyes toward the Master to assure myself my perception were correct and I was concentrating on the things he wanted to call my attention on: silently reassured on it  I leaned over the shoulder of the man in order to see what he was reading, and...oh surprise!
He was reading the same article  I had written months before!
I had quite a lot to be surprised with!
I had literally my mouth open but no sound coming out of it, too many questions crowding on my lips at the same time.
I turned again and stood silently observing the Master in his beautiful eyes waiting for a clarifying answer, but he kept his gaze into mine without uttering a single word, only, he made a single gesture with one of his hand as to say: "This is what you have here". 
At the next moment we departed and I woke up in my body again in Europe.

My article had been published in a new age magazine which I sent to a dear friend in Auroville. I had to suppose he gave the magazine to read at  the questioning european man.

If I wanted to solve my doubts about the Vision, now with this subtle visit to Auroville the Master himself was giving me a good chance to verify it.

I had only one thing to do: get physically to Auroville and ask the friend of mine if such and such a man had had any chance to read my article, and if he was in Auroville, try to see him. If that man did not exist then I could quite forget all the story and put at the same time a final point to my spiritual researches as evidently useless and harmful to my mental welfare, but if the man existed, I was  one of the protagonists of the most incredible story I ever imagined to mix with.

So I did.
I took a plane and went to Auroville decided to shed some light on the subject.
Having familiarity with my friend, I informed him of the visits of the Master, told him about the vision of Savitri and how much it had affected my mental tranquillity with the suspect I was growing insane, and I finished relating the experience in my subtle body in Auroville with the Master, confiding him my extreme need of discovering if the experience had been authentic or it was just pure imagination.
Then my friend asked me to describe the man reading the article.

"Oh, yes", said him with a large smile after attentively listening to my scrupulous description of the individual, "You described X. In fact, X has been here as a guest, and I perfectly remember to give him the magazine with the precise purpose  he could read your article, which was written in his own language.  He is now at Y... (and said the name of a community in Auroville).

I felt immediately released by the heavy doubts which had been constantly drilling my mind during the last months, and a wide peace installed in their turn. I was not crazy after all or suffered from hallucinations, I could continue to trust my spiritual experiences and now I had a surprising task ahead.  

Back in Europe, I was confronted with some facts of which I could not negate the evidence anymore: if the last experience with Sri Aurobindo in Auroville was authentic, and it was because the man existed, then all the other meetings with the Master had been authentic, as they all happened during the same period at the watermill. 
 Beside the first one, which had been quite a physical meeting, all the remaining happened while I was in my subtle body, and as a consequence, my perception of the subtle body was correct and authentic too, though difficult to prove objectively. 
And If the experiences with the Master were true, then also what he showed me (the future of the earth) had to be considered true and meaningful, as well as what Sri Aurobindo told me in that occasion.
In fact, a moment before to show me the images of the future earth, he told me: "I wish you do something for me".
And were exactly these words I had the most urgent need to verify: really the Master wanted me to do something for Him? I would not imagine I could be of any help, how could a perfect unknown render a service of such a kind when there were more famous commenters or disciples in the Ashram or in Auroville that would have been more easily trusted on. Why then expressly me?
But no alternative remained but to accept the facts as they were. 
So that truly the Master had invested me with a requirement.
He had established a personal relation with me!
The gladness melted my heart any time I thought of it, and yet he left me without saying exactly what he expected me to do for him, I guess I had  space to decide.
He left me some clue: the article I wrote had been a recurrent item in different experiences, I had nowadays a tendency to write, so possibly it could be related with his request.

The very experience in the subtle body in Auroville at the side of  the Master  had alerted me on how my writings could be received by certain people in the occurrence I would make them public. If I was going to write about the Vision I had not to wait always a warm and indiscriminate welcome.

(follows with "The Hour of the Toiling Gods".)

No comments:

Post a Comment